Monday 10 January 2011

Happy New Year to One & All!

Happy New Year to everyone!
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get round to wishing you all the tidings of the season!
I hope you have all had a good festive season and that it hasn't taken it's toll too much.
We had a lovely one.
It ended up being unplanned and really enjoyable.
Because of the weather, friends plans had changed and we were invited to join them on Christmas Day!
It was a really wonderful day...........Thanks Joe & Rob!
They had got married on December 17th and it was a beautiful day. It snowed and the setting was just stunning. The day itself was wonderful, beautiful memories made for all of us who were there.

And we have another one to look forward to in May..........Matt & Claire - I thought a countdown might help!!

So with the festivities of Christmas and the New Year all over now, it is time to look forward to 2011.
I am slightly frustrated............no actually I am going crazy!
Back in November I saw my pain clinic Doctor. We discussed the medications that I was on and I conveyed the fact that I was still suffering badly with neuropathic pain in my hands, feet, lower back and arms. The decision was made that I would be put on the new Cannabis drug - Sativex. Of course the high is taken out of it and it is all legal! But it has been seen to be helping a lot for people with severe neuropathic pain. So I agreed straight away.

I was told to slowly come off Oxcarbazepine - one of my existing medications, but if I felt that I needed to stay on it, that was fine and I could continue on it.
My Doctor told me that he would send me the prescription for Sativex, so I was under the impression that I would have it within about 6/8 weeks.

By mid December, I still hadn't had anything and I was getting pretty desperate, so I went to see a GP at my surgery.
I had tried to call the pain clinic, but they just told me that they were waiting for another Doctor to sign it off. I couldn't speak to the pain clinic Doctor as they were too busy, but they would talk to GP Dr's.
I spoke to the GP about it and told him that I was at the end of my tether and didn't really know what to do. He assured me that he would write to the Doctor that we were waiting for to sign off the prescription and he would also chase up the fact that I should be seeing a pain psychologist. I have had that appointment confirmed now, but I still have no new medication.
I have continued on with Oxcarbazepine. There is no way that I could come off that and have nothing to help me......I do have a couple of other pain meds, but nothing strong enough on it's own.
I don't really know what I am supposed to do next. I hate moaning to the medical profession, but does that mean that I am supposed to just sit and suffer with the pain that I am in??
That also sounds so self pitying and I hate that. I am not one for feeling sorry for myself but in this instance I do feel I have a bit of a case!!
And by writing it on here, I am not bending Martin's ear about it!! He takes so much from me and he never complains to me. It is one thing that I am SO grateful to him for. He is my rock and I love him SO much.
I have had a bad weekend. Since about last Thursday, I have been feeling quite dizzy, sick and overwhelmingly fatigued. I thought to start with that it may be another episode of vertigo, but I'm not too sure. It hit me really hard on Saturday, I was in bed by 4.30pm and I didn't get out of bed on Sunday until 2pm..........and that was only because I needed my medications.....and a cup of tea!!
I had another rough night last night. I went to bed about 10pm, but couldn't sleep. I was still awake at about 3am and with lots of pain in my hands. It gets so frustrating and that makes sleeping even harder!
I eventually got some sleep and got up again about 11am this morning. But am still not feeling too great.
I think I may try and see a Doctor tomorrow as it's been going on for a while, but I don't like bothering Doctor's too much. I guess I can talk to them about the pain issues and see whether they know any more about the Sativex situation.
I'll let you know what I do/what they say!

And coming away from MS, we have a couple of singing ventures coming up. We are helping out someone who is doing their own gig. While he has to do some costume changes, we are going to sing a couple of numbers to fill in time. It won't be too taxing but it should be fun! It will be good to get the lungs working again!

Anyway, I wish everyone well, I hope the new year is a happy and healthy one.
Love & hugs
XxXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment