Monday 18 January 2010

I Really Hate Fatigue and Pain!

So another week starts!
Last week was a bit of a strange one, because so much seemed to happen, so I am looking forward to a quieter one this week.
I haven't been feeling too great today. I have been really fatigued over the weekend and it has still been affecting me today. It is so hard to keep yourself feeling positive and up beat when all I want to do is to curl up and sleep.
And pain is also a BIG issue. Although, I have had an appointment from the pain clinic, which I am quite pleased about. It's not until mid Feb but I have waited this long so I can wait a little bit longer, can't I?!
I just get so frustrated, nothing I try helps with it and I just get the feeling that I am doing something wrong. I know that is really silly, because it isn't my fault that this is happening, but it is just so frustrating. When you experience pain on a daily basis, it gets to a stage where that is all you can think about. And there is so much more to life than pain!!

Over the weekend, we started rehearsing for our concert, Closer Than Ever. It is so exciting and really good to be focusing on something else. We are performing it at The Little Theatre, Torquay, on June 25th & 26th.
We performed this piece of work in 2004. Last time we did it, there were four of us singing, but this time we are doing it with seven singers. We have the original four and then three other friends are joining us. It is so good to be redoing it, as it is such a great body of music.
It is made up of a collection of songs that are about all different types of relationships. There are solos, duets, trios and group numbers and each number is fantastic in it's own right. It is quite rare to have a show where every song is a good one. We have a really great group of people involved and that makes it really exciting to be a part of.
I am really excited to be doing another fundraiser for the MS society again. We are doing it for the local branch of the MS society and also for Rowcroft, which is a local care facility for people with cancer. The past two fundraising concerts we have done, we have raised a total of £2500. I'm hoping, that by doing this one for the two charities, we will be able to fill the theatre and raise more money!
It is good to be singing again, even if it is only rehearsing every couple of weeks!

There is no news on my new car yet. We were supposed to be changing it on Wednesday, but I think the recent snow and cold weather has caused the transit of the new car to be delayed. Hopefully it will only be a few days late but we'll see!!

I hope everyone has a great week!
XxXxX

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,
    Hope your week is pleasant for you.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. pain. i once said MS stood for much suffering amelia.its true.tc love mort x

    ReplyDelete