Monday 18 December 2023

IT'S CHRISTMAS! πŸŽ„πŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ„

IT'S CHRISTMAS! πŸŽ„

Martin and I absolutely love Christmas! We always have and I suspect we always will! πŸŽ„

It's the beginning of Christmas week and we are well into enjoying the festive season but having a chronic illness means that planning is essential! 
We put our tree up early. I knew I was struggling to stand and that decorating it would take a lot of energy so it was actually undecorated for a couple of days.
I needed a lot of Martin's help with it all, I was basically directing him where to put things! But between us we got it done and I was pleased that we'd taken the stress out of it. 

We finished off putting up the rest of the decorations, including the outside lights around our front door and I was so pleased that it was all done, even if it was a week or so before we have done it in the past! 


We had a lovely trip out last week, we went with my Dad to Paignton zoo as they had an event called Glow Wild. It was a trail, around one part of the zoo, that was a light show. There were various light displays and it was really well done. 
We had been to one at Killerton, a couple of years ago, but it wasn't quite so well thought out. It was up and down some fairly steep inclines, which wasn't helpful when pushing a manual wheelchair so the zoo had definitely improved on that. 
I was able to hire a scooter at the zoo, which gave me more independence and meant Martin could concentrate on taking photos rather than pushing me! 


Our next Christmas outing was to go up to the RSC at Stratford. 
One of Martin's favourite things to watch at Christmas is a six part children's drama called The Box of Delights. He has got the box set on DVD and a cd of the soundtrack, so when he found out that the RSC - Royal Shakespeare Company - were doing a stage production this year, we looked straight into booking tickets. I was able to book a wheelchair space and a companion seat and we went up to the matinee performance on Sunday with a good friend, it was a lovely Christmassy day out! πŸŽ„

We have to congratulate the RSC on a wonderful production, it was incredibly well done and included music, singing and puppetry, as well as being very well acted. It was a magical show that seemed to be enjoyed by the whole audience and it was well worth travelling to Stratford to see it!


So we're a week away from Christmas day and I'm trying to be organised! πŸ˜‚ 
I have a couple of medical appointments this week, I still have gift wrapping to do, although I have to admit that I don't really wrap anything anymore. We have lots of gift bags and I just use those, which is a lot easier on my hands for both wrapping gifts and also when I'm unwrapping them! 🎁 
We were able to book ourselves a shopping delivery slot for the morning of Christmas Eve, which has taken the stress out of our food shop. It really is a case of thinking ahead, something that I used to be quite good at! 


Anyway, Martin, Rosie and I would like to wish you all the very best wishes of the season, wherever you are, whoever you are with, may you feel safe, warm and loved.

With very best wishes
A,M&R
XxXxX
πŸ₯°πŸŽΆπŸΎ πŸ’•πŸŽ„πŸ’•πŸΎπŸŽΆπŸ₯°


No comments:

Post a Comment