Thursday 14 May 2009

I'm back!

 

 
 





Hi Everyone!
So we have been on our canal adventure and I am glad to say we had the most amazing time. I am just sad it is all over now. 
As promised we took lots of photos, so I will upload a few for now. I am hoping to do a separate blog to go through the week on the canal. It will also give me an opportunity to put out more of our photos!
I have decided that we need to do more holidays - if only the finances would allow it! 
It made me feel so free and I was able to put my pain to the back of my mind because I had so much else to concentrate on. The symptoms were still there but they weren't at the fore front of my mind. There is definitely something to be said for having distractions in our lives. 
By the end of the week I was pretty exhausted because we would be getting up early to make the most of the daylight. So it did catch up with me eventually!! I was a little frustrated that my MS prevented me from working the locks and doing any of the physical work, but I was able to drive the boat AND I managed to drive it across the Pontcysyllte aquaduct! It was quite scary and I now realise why I was so scared as a child - it is very high!! It was good having two big strong men looking after me though!! 
I look forward to catching up with everyone and I hope you are all doing well. 

   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amelia,

    Lovley to read about your boat adventure it sounds marvellous and your photos are beautiful.
    Look forward to seeing more soon.

    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia I am so glad to hear you had a good time. I love the photos you have posted so far and I can't wait to see the rest of them. Glad you are home safe and sound and look forward to seeing more of your postings.

    ReplyDelete