Monday 19 February 2024

18 days.......but who's counting?


So, I have 18 days to go before my lidocaine infusion and a week before I see my pain consultant. I am trying to keep myself distracted and not counting every minute but it's proving quite difficult. 

I have had, a few times this week, a feeling like the nerves in my body have felt as though I've been plugged into the electricity. It feels like they are pulsing and as well as being painful it can be distracting too. 
I also find myself holding so much tension in my body. I try to catch myself doing it and release the tension but it's not easy. 

I've been trying to keep myself as active as I can be, which is pretty difficult when you can only mobilise with crutches. There have been many times over the years where I just want to throw them away but what good would that do, apart from leave me stranded. It's so frustrating, I just want to get up and walk across the room but I can't without the palaver of getting myself set up with the crutches, getting steady on my feet and only then can I move forward. Don't expect to need me in a hurry! 😞

I've been having regular physio sessions and I'm lucky to have a great physio. She is helping me to keep as active as I can be and to keep as much strength in my legs and arms as possible. 
I know it will shock those of you who know me but I've always been quite headstrong and determined 😂 that does come in handy though because it is helping me to keep going with my physio exercises. 
Every morning, and I have done this over the past few years, I do some of my exercises and I do lengths of our living room. I basically walk back and forth across the living room/kitchen. I used to be able to do this ten to fifteen times a couple of times a day but now I'm lucky if I can do it five to eight times, once a day, but I guess anything is better than nothing right? 👍

I remember why I started doing this, I got a watch that would remind me that I hadn't stood up and moved for a while. It also counted my steps and I became obsessed! I worked my way up to walking across the kitchen and living room and bear in mind I am always using my crutches, so it's never very pretty. 
But I became obsessed with how many steps I was able to do and I would try and do that many each day. I'd be delighted if I did more. Obviously if I went out that would boost my tally and I remember when I was able to do a thousand steps or more, now though I'm only managing about four hundred a day but it's always better than nothing.

I always try and do some physio exercises when I get up in the morning, which is now between 6am and 7am and I try and do some lengths of the living room/kitchen. It would be easy to not do anything but as I said, I'm headstrong and determined and I want to be able to do as much for myself for as long as I can, so I keep going with everything. 
It's also a great distraction from my nerve pain because it gives me something else to focus on and that really helps me and when I'm able to achieve something that I couldn't manage on my own before, it gives me the encouragement to keep going.......so I will, for as long as I can! 

Have a good week everyone!
XxXxX 💕

As always I will share some Rosie love with everyone 😻




No comments:

Post a Comment