Tuesday 6 February 2024

Do I just accept this?


Having a chronic illness is SO frustrating!

As I've become more disabled my frustration levels just keep on rising and I'm struggling to find ways to not let it get to me. It's the fact that there are so many things I want to do but can't so do I just accept that?


It's so difficult because, thankfully, my mind is still working - nobody comment on that one please 😂 But because of that, I find myself thinking of all the things I'd like to do, just simple things like housework, but I can't just get up and do it. 

Martin, my incredible husband, is my full time carer, which means he does so much for me anyway but on top of that he has to do everything else too. Things like the cooking and cleaning, sorting out the cat and all the other things that in the past I did, or at least helped with, and now wish I hadn't taken it for granted that I could do them. 

I am finding ways to do some bits but I have to make sure I've got nothing else on that day. I did some cleaning in the bathroom once but then had physio in the afternoon, not a good idea! 


I need to find other ways to move forward.

We've been struggling a bit since we both had COVID at Christmas and it really is very frustrating but we've been out to the cinema a few times, which we really enjoy, and that has occupied me for a while. 

The trouble is that I spend a lot of time in our flat, which still needs to be sorted out even though we moved here nine years ago in June 😳 We've still got boxes that haven't been unpacked which just fills me with horror 😱 But Martin did take some things to the tip yesterday which was brilliant! 

I think part of the issue is that between us we have collected a lot of "stuff" and we have a relatively small flat so it's packed with everything! 

I used to collect Me To You bears, you know, the ones with the blue nose! 


It started off when Martin and I first got together. We'd been working together for about four months and then moved back to our families, so we spent about two weeks apart. In those two weeks we sent those cards to each other and then they expanded and bought out the soft bears. After that they introduced ceramic figurines and I went through a phase of collecting them. I would be given them for birthdays and Christmas so my collection got quite large! 

Now though, I have decided that we don't need them to be everywhere so I am trying to lessen my collection. I'm just trying to keep the special ones or the ones that mean something to me/us. They are mainly the Christmas ones or the winter ones, which are my favourite! 
I found a unique way to get rid of some....by knocking over one of the display units! 😳

I know I could sell them but we've decided to give them out to different charity shops 💖

Anyway, this is another way of trying to help myself with not getting so frustrated at the things I can't do and try and focus on what I can do 👍

It's a lot easier said than done though! 


As always I'm going to share a bit of Rosie love with you all! 


Happy Tuesday everyone!
XxXxX 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment