Monday 23 February 2009

Bleary eyed Monday!

Oh my goodness, is it Monday already???
I think the activities of the past few days are finally catching up with me! I thought I was tired yesterday but today I have been really out of it. I went in to work, but I did warn them that I was struggling today. I do feel quite proud of myself though because I managed three hours of a three & a quarter hour shift. I did wonder if I would even make it in this morning, so I didn't do too badly!
I find it quite easy to get frustrated with myself for not completing the whole shift, but I am learning to turn that around and look what I have achieved rather than what I haven't!
When I got home, I had a nice chill out on the sofa. I am looking forward to my massage which I have tomorrow afternoon! It will be a real treat and I am hoping it will help make me feel a little bit better. 
I have not heard anything from my emails, but I thought I might not. I will just have to keep waiting and hope that someone gets back to me, with some ideas of stronger pain relief. If not I am not quite sure how I will feel. 
I have been looking on websites today to try and find crutches. I already have a set of the comfy crutches, which are a God send and so much better for my hands. But what I am looking for is a coloured pair that don't look like NHS ones! When we are doing our singing gigs, I have said that I will need to use at least one of the crutches and I might need to use both. Ideally I would like to get some black ones, or a nice deep colour. Or failing that I might go for red ones!! Does anyone know where I can get any quite cheaply?? Bearing in mind I am in the UK. Also can anyone tell me the practical difference between the full cuff crutches and the ones that your arm just sits in? Are the full cuff ones more stable? From what I have read the open cuff ones seem to be ergonomically designed like that so I would imagine they are fairly sturdy and comfortable. I would welcome any thoughts on the subject!
I hope everyone has had a good start to the week!
XxXxX

No comments:

Post a Comment