Monday 16 February 2009

That Monday Feeling!

Monday - yuck! I felt quite woosy when I woke up this morning. I thought a shower and a cup of tea might snap me out of that. But no! I took Martin out to his job and then went into work myself. I felt really out of it. I'm not sure if I was just really fatigued or if it was the pain relief patch taking effect on me. I do know that I felt pretty rubbish. It wasn't helped being told that I looked "very pale" and "grey"! It fills you with confidence!
I managed a couple of hours before some caring colleagues decided I was struggling too much and so they arranged for me to go home. I am very lucky in that my colleagues really do look out for me, and I do appreciate that very much. I am very stubborn and will try and stick it out even when I know that I should be sensible. In my mind, I have this great big thing against me, so I have to prove that I am worthy of my job. Deep down I know that I am being silly because that isn't the case at all, but when you have something against you, it just makes you more determined to prove it is not a problem - or is that just me??
I came home and had a bite to eat, hoping that might revive me, but I was still struggling. After I had picked Martin up again, I had a cup of tea and sat on the sofa. You guessed it, the next thing I knew I was waking up after falling fast asleep!
I am hoping for a good night's rest tonight and a more positive day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. it's not just you. people do care and mean well, but when you're not used to being treated as a sick person, that sort of care can make you feel ... inadequate. but you have to believe that's not the case.

    sorry you had a crap day. i hope you get the rest you need tonight to feel better tomorrow.

    xo
    tinglyfeeling

    ReplyDelete